Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cable and Internet Savings


Price shop, there are plenty of options for cable and internet. Always keep your eye out for a better deal. My husband and I are constantly calling when we get a flyer in the mail for a lower rate, or after talking to a friend or family member with the same service who has a lower rate.
Chances are if you bring a lower rate to a companies’ attention and/or tell them you are going with another provider, they will do their best to meet your requested price. I do this about once a year, and when I am not happy with their service I call and complain, which typically results in a few dollars off the bill for my trouble. I am always really calm and nice when I call. My husband is usually in awe when I get off the phone and tell him the deal I just got.
Look at possibly cutting down to only internet and getting Hulu and/or Netflix to fill the void. Keep in mind that you can also find some of your shows on the network websites for free! This is not always worth it, but for some it does save a mint! I have several friends who cut their bill by $70 or more dollars per month by getting rid of their cable.
Make sure to keep a close eye on your bill, companies like to try and change the rates or add fees.  If you do not own your modem and wireless router, invest in them.  This may seem expensive up front, but add up that fee for the next year or two and you will see quite a bit of savings in the long run. 
I personally see cable as an optional item. If you are looking to save money, I see cutting cable as a great way to put a good chunk of change back into your budget or savings, especially since most of the TV shows are online.


Next Post: The Credit Card Game

No comments:

Post a Comment